Quillbot Vs. Grammarly: Our Verdict (Honest Review)
Are you perplexed about choosing the best content tool?
Are you looking for a free tool that simplifies content creation for you?
If you spend a lot of time formatting content, this article is for you!While Quillbot seems to be an expensive editing option, Grammarly is more feature rich and affordably priced!
Every writer has continued challenges of writing and publishing content consistently. People perceive a writer to be perfect with the headlines, sentence formation, keywords, and readability. Still, the readers are unaware of every detail the writer has to take care of to create that flawless piece of content!
Quillbot and Grammarly use machine learning and artificial intelligence to detect errors, remove unwanted words and increase clarity.
Which tool is the ultimate best that makes the life of a content creator easy? Let’s find out!
Quillbot is a paraphrasing tool that was created in the year 2017. Quillbot focuses on what you write instead of spending time on how you write it.
This tool favors the writer’s ideas so that the writer isn’t worked up about presenting them.
Quillbot’s content creator can rewrite content through machine learning and artificial intelligence. If you are creating new content for your website, working on a school paper, or editing articles, Quillbot is a practical tool to use.
You don’t have to download any application to use Quillbot; you can easily use it through browsers or Google Docs.
Why Should You Use Quillbot?
- To improve content and vocabulary
- AI-powered thesaurus
- Integration in different text editors
- Grammar checking tool
- Summarizing tool
Different Ways In Which You Can Use Quillbot
- Access Quillbot through any web browser.
- Use it to paraphrase, summarize, change words, and synonyms.
- Improve the readability of content.
Quillbot For Microsoft Word
- Add Quillbot’s addon for conveniently using this software.
- You can add it through simple steps.
- Edit your document’s efficiency.
Quillbot Browser Extension
- Use for daily content tasks.
- You can add the Quillbot extension through their website.
Quillbot Google Docs Extension
- Handy for editing content in Google Docs.
- Quickly add the addon through Google Docs.
How Much Does Quillbot Cost?
You can start using the free version of Quillbot to get the hang of this tool. Once you extensively use this tool, you can upgrade to the premium version.
- Monthly Plan – $9.95/Month
- Semi-Annual Plan – $6.66/Month
- $39.95 billed every 6 months
- Annual Plan – $4.17/Month
- $49.95 billed every 12 months
As you can see, the annual Plan is the most affordable if you have to start using Quillbot premium.
Features With The Paid Version
- 25000 summarizer character limit
- 10000 paraphraser character limit
- 15 sentences processed together
- 4 synonym choices
- 7 writing modes
- Unlimited freeze words and phrases
- Compare modules on desktop
- Check the longest unchanged words
- Google Chrome and Google doc extensions
Features With The Free Version
- 5000 summarizer character limit
- 700 paraphraser character limit
- 2 sentences processed together
- 3 synonym choices
- 3 writing modes
- 1 freeze word or phrase
- Google Chrome and Google Doc extensions
Even professional writers can make errors while writing. Getting the higher-level grammar and style correct can be overwhelming at times.
Grammarly is an app that is the true friend of a writer, and it helps with all writing scenarios. This app provides the perfect suggestions for spelling, grammar, and style changes in real-time and edits for specific genres.
Grammarly has both free and paid subscriptions. You can start using the free version first, and then if you need higher formatting and editing for your content, you can opt for the paid version.
Grammarly supports many platforms and guides real-time about the content corrections you can make.
Why Should You Use Grammarly?
- It highlights small mistakes that you might not have paid attention to.
- It helps in improving your vocabulary.
- You get mini grammar lessons based on your mistakes.
- You can customize the Grammarly editor based on your goals.
- It is highly user-friendly.
Different Ways In Which You Can Use Grammarly
You can install the Grammarly extension for the following browsers:
- Chrome (version 67 and newer)
- Safari (version 12 and newer)
- Firefox (version 54 and newer)
- Microsoft Edge (version 88 and newer)
Grammarly Web App
You can check any content through the Grammarly web app.
The free version analyses the content for the following parameters:
If you have a paid subscription, you also get suggestions on:
- Style Guide
Also, the overall content score is shown before and after you perform the edits.
One of the best things about refining your content through the Grammarly web app is that you get to select among different parameters on which your content is analyzed.
You can select the type of domain the content is related to, the intent, and the audience. Grammarly scans your content accordingly, and Grammarly will also provide valuable suggestions based on the parameters you select.
How Much Does Grammarly Cost?
You can start using the free version of Grammarly and then move on to the paid version.
Grammarly Premium Plan
The Grammarly Premium plan is for individuals.
- The Premium plan costs $12 per month if you opt for the annual Plan.
- The same Plan costs $20 per month if you opt for a quarterly plan.
Grammarly Business Plan
The Grammarly Business plan is mainly for the teams. As shown in the image, you can choose your team size, and you will be charged accordingly. For instance, if you have a team of 3 members, the price will be $45 per month, and the per member cost will be $15 per month.
Features With The Paid Versions (Premium & Business)
- Grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- English fluency
- Full-sentence rewrites
- Tone detection and suggestions
- Plagiarism detection
- Style guide (Business version)
- Brand tones (Business version)
- Analytics dashboard (Business version)
Features With The Free Version
- Grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Tone detection
- Privacy and security
Both Quillbot and Grammarly help streamline the self-editing process to perfection. These virtual assistants work great in spotting spelling mistakes, unclear writing, and editing process, and they also give suggestions on improving the content.
Although both Quillbt and Grammarly are great, Grammarly is the winner, hands down! Grammarly is much more than just an editing tool. You have a complete content-fixing platform when you opt for the paid version. You can start with the free version and then invest in the paid one. There’s one thing for sure; you won’t regret the investment.
Content edited in Grammarly is readable, easy to understand, focuses on the goal of the content, and increases the overall credibility and impact.